Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Austrian Alps

This past weekend we went to Innsbruck with a group of friends. We stayed at the Seitenalm family resort in Radstadt (http://www.seitenalm.at/englisch/), which was nothing short of amazing. They had everything that you could ever want and more!!



We went skiing on Saturday and Sunday in the Alps...it is still amazing to even write that...we went skiing in the Alps!! I worked on my amazing skiing skills in the 'kinderwelt'...in english that is known as kid world. I was no competition for the three-year-olds...they were way more adventurous than me...and no I'm not exaggerating, they were actually three! I managed to learn how to snow plow, do turns very slowly, and fall. My favorite fall was falling off of the tow rope...that's right people, I was the person that stopped the tow rope because I was too busy falling on my face...thankfully I did not injure myself...the biggest feat of the weekend. Sunday was actually my favorite day, because we went sledding down an entire mountain. It was one of scariest things I have ever done...even scarier than venturing into the sauna at the hotel (europeans go naked in saunas..agh!). The sled run lasted 20-25 minutes and I laughed the whole way down, though at times I thought I was going to fly right off of the side of the mountain. What an amazing weekend!!



The view from kinderwelt
Ryan and I posing at the top of the slope I ski/fell down

Sun in face

1 comment:

Randy and Lindsay said...

It looks AMAZING! I'm so jealous...and I'm not much of a skier either...I usually scoot down the mountain! We love you guys and miss you SO much!