Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stormy Weather on Neusiedlersee

I went Sailing on a lake about 50 minutes from Vienna called Neusiedlersee. Well ofcourse the weather was terrible...that seems happen every time I plan an outdoor activity. Regardless, I learned how to sail...facing a storm front. We had 3 boats total; 2 with instructors and one without. Well the one boat of our group without an instructor had some issues returning back to the school, so we chased them around the lake for 2.5 hrs, which was only enough time for them to hit the only thing in the lake! How they hit the only thing sticking out of the lake, I will never know. Some kind of fatal attraction. See below the random wood structure they not only ran into, but got stuck under! 
One of our boats went to get help and the school sent a motorboat rescue team out to save our team! If it weren't for that beautiful red boat, we'd probably still be out there. Luckily I was on the boat doing the chasing, not the running away. No one capsized thankfully, but that would have been far less dramatic then the boat chase. We finally made it back to the school 3.5 hrs after the scheduled time. And yet another Austrian adventure!I looked super cute in my bright orange life jacket. 

No comments: