Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wien und so weiter...

Lindsey had her 23rd birthday 2 days ago! Saturday we went to a restaurant in the middle of the woods and had some traditional Austrian food and drinks, we will be going back to Waldschinke (sp?) so when we do I'll take some pics. Sunday we went to a restaurant called Figls.

This place is amazing and we will be taking you there if you come visit us. They had a mozarella stuffed pretzel with pesto and vegetables as big as the plate and it was amazing. I had duck, which was my first and a chocolate cake with a roman candle in the middle!! That's right a firework in my birthday cake..in doors! I dont have any pictures of it because we forgot the camera!! But trust me, it was awesome!

It was a fantastic weekend. Today after my german class I toured the city and took some pics for you! Enjoy!

This is the main Vienna Opera HouseHere is the front part of the Opera House, that red thing is called a Strassenbahn, one of the many forms of public transportation in Vienna.
Those funky umbrellas are for shading an outdoor cafe called the Mozart Cafe, this is part of the Sacher Hotel. This cafe carries a classic Viennese dessert, the Sachertorte, which is a chocolate torte with a layer of peach filling.
To the right is an art museum, which I really want to go to!

This is a cool statue in front of the Spanish riding school.
Bicycles and vespas are everywhere!
This is a walkway connected to the Vienna Opera House.

Modern building in Stephansplatz.
Outdoor Cafe and Konditorei at Stephansplatz.
Church surrounded by buildings in Stephansplatz, we have not been inside yet! I think it's called St. Peter's Church...but I'm not 100% sure.
Little ally with shops.
Spanish riding school



These two videos are of Stephansplatz and the Stephansdom (the big church), which are right in the middle of the city. This is the main shopping, business and dining area of Vienna!

2 comments:

Randy and Lindsay said...

The videos are so great! It's so nice to hear your voice! Sorry I didn't get to call on your birthday! I hope you had a good time!!!Glad you are getting a lot of sightseeing in! :) Love you!

E.Money said...

amazing!!