Monday, March 24, 2008

Frohe Ostern!!

Here are some more pictures of Schoenbrunn Palace. Today was the last day of Easter markets in Vienna, so I thought perhaps it was time to visit! The Easter market was a 1/4 of the size of the Christmas market with many of the same vendors, plus a creepy lady on stilts dressed as a turkey...ahhh, Vienna...

Front of Schoenbrunn
Inside the court yard with horse and carriages
Back of the palace, the building on the hill is now a cafe
Creepy turkey lady....
The biggest craft are these decorated eggs. They are real eggs, with the white and yolk emptied out. Though beautiful and tempting to buy...there is a 90% chance I would break them, so looking will do for me.

Woah pretzel!!
Hot chocolate!


Crafts
Crafts of forest creatures...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I always enjoy seeing how things are going with you both. We miss seeing you!

Love,
Sheana

Anonymous said...

Nothing like posting anonymous and signing my name...thought it was easier than signing in.... : )

Randy and Lindsay said...

Ok, so I really loved the eggs!! but I'm with you, I would have broken them! And I want a pretzel now!!!

The lady dressed as a turkey was also creepy...she should have been dressed as a bunny!

Thanks for your updates!!! Hope the job is going well! Love you guys!