Sunday, November 9, 2008

And I've collected all these thoughts....

Ok, so I know I've been slacking. I should be posting about Geneva...and believe me I do have some things to post...but I just don't feel like it right now. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, or maybe when I get home. (I have less than 2 weeks left.) Anyway, Aaron and Jenn have posted this on their respective blogs and I feel I must follow suit. I was going to wait till I got home since I don't have all of my music with me, but what the heck. I have my iPod with me...and granted it only holds about 1/10 of my music collection...but there's still something like 2,000 songs on it. I think that should be enough for this game. So here we go...

Rules:
Step 1: Put your music player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line (or so, some are hard) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what SONG AND ARTIST the lines come from.
Step 4: Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly (No lyric hunting! That is cheating!)
Step 5: After doing the 1st 20, listen to one more random song and post it as your title.

1) She turns like the ocean. She tells no emotion. She's been gunning down the fight.
2) She said good day boy. Are you ready to shake? I said I love noise and this life that it makes.
3) I've given up on giving up slowly. I'm blending in so you won't even know me.
4) The guy who put his hands on you has got nothing to do with me.
5) In the throws of young love, Leroy didn't think to think and in the blink of an eye tied the knot not knowing how to not know.
6) Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood.
7) We should get jerseys cause we make a good team.
8) It's getting late. Ma have you seen my mates? Tell me when the boys get here.
9) Desert sky, dream beneath a desert sky.
10) Be my light in this darkened room. I'm on face and I'm calling you.
11) I've never seen you look like this without a reason.
12) Here I am Lord. Take me as I am. Take me in my weakness. I am just a man. (if you get this...God bless you)
13) Don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow. Why put it off another day?
14) Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. (and no...it's not the obvious answer)
15) When it's my moment in the sun, oh how beautiful I'll be.
16) There was this boy, and his name was Jerry. He had a girl, and her name was Sally.
17) Please take me by the hand. It's so cold out tonight.
18) I'm a one-way motorway. I'm the one that drives away then follows you back home.
19) Close the doors, put out the light. You know they won't be home tonight.
20) Come and go now as you please. Your actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing.

and who can guess the blog title song?? i honestly don't see anyone guessing it, but here's a hint...the band is one of my all-time favorites and was featured twice in the above list. in fact, my favorite song lyric comes from the title song:

'Cause sometimes when you're trying to sleep, and all your doubts and your faith don't agree it's cause sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth.

Bonne chance!!

11 comments:

Brandon and Megan said...

hmmm...the obvious ones:

1 - Switchfoot, Lonely Nation
12 - i know, but I'll let someone else guess
16 - Bleach, Perfect Family
17 - Blink 182, Going Away to College

Randy and Lindsay said...

12 - RECONCILED-THY WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14-Chris Tomlin-Amazing Grace

Ryan Hamilton said...

well...um...it's "Thy Will Be Done," actually. but good enough for me! however, you are incorrect about #14.

Anonymous said...

is it sad that randy doesn't know the title to one of his own songs?

maybe? just a little?


5) on the roof - Eve 6 -- and a song you introduced me to good sir
6) new york state of mind - BJ
7) that song that you had on your myspace page ... ummm .. relient K
... so cloooose ... something right?
8) the evening after friday is a good time to brawl - the who/elton john - i'd assume the first but i don't want to be presumptuous
11) in a big country - big country
13) Right Now - Van Halen
18) times like these - foo fighters


title song: if i had to guess .. something by relient k

j "who's your daddy? (please don't respond Russ H)" h

Anonymous said...

and FYI .. the song is not called a sea of waves .. it's called Cherry Waves


j "and you call yourself a music lover" h

Brandon and Megan said...

me thinks there be some led zeppelin in there...just can't think of the song title

Ryan Hamilton said...

#7 is "Must Have Done Something Right." so close enough.

you are correct, title song is by Relient K.

and i don't really consider anything by the Deftones to be music....so, yeah.

Randy and Lindsay said...

It wasn't Randy, I'm sure he'd know the name, however, on my ipod the title it only thy will so blahhhh!:)

Anonymous said...

yes led zepplin!!
#19 - no quarter

j "i am immortal. i have inside me blood of kings" h

Meredith Hannon said...

14. Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew

That's all I got!

Lindsey said...

#2 Collective Soul...but I don't know the name
Lindsey