Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LAST NIGHT IN GENEVA...WOOHOO!!!!

So, as you might have guessed, tonight is my last night in Geneva. I'm heading home tomorrow! It's been an interesting 8 weeks. I've worked my butt off at times and just sat on said butt at others. And no, Geneva didn't get anymore interesting after my first 2, and only posts (yes, I know I said there would be one every week...but we all knew that wouldn't happen). Linz came out to visit the first weekend of November, so that was nice. We had a chance to go out to Chamonix, France...which is where Mont Blanc is. Mont Blanc meaning the highest peak of the Alps...not the pen. It was quite amazing, and honestly, was worth the other 7 weeks of boredom here. Actually, I went there twice. I went with Dottie the weekend before Linz came, and then Dottie took me again when Linz came out. You'll see the difference a week can make in the pictures. There was a lot more snow the second weekend. Anyway, here are some pictures of the Alps and a few others from Linz's visit. I would post a little more, but my wireless account here in Geneva is about to expire. I'm afraid I may not even finish this sen

this is a view of the town of Chamonix from the cable car. you have to take two cable cars to get to the top and it takes about half an hour. this was taken the first time I went without Linz.

and here's what it looked like the next weekend...

and here's us...just chillin' in the Alps. no biggy....

i just like this pic


and here's Mont Blanc....4,807 meters up (which is about 15,770 feet)

i have a lot more pictures of the Alps.....but we'll move on. here's m'lady sitting on the shore of Lake Geneva

and this is Jet D'eau (which is "water jet" in French...aren't they clever). it is the most well-known landmark in Geneva. it shoots streams of water 460 feet in the air. you can see it from all over the city....you can even see it when you're flying over Geneva!

and here's us!!!

this is the Red Cross Museum/HQS

and this is the side entrance to the UN. i ate lunch there a couple of times, and this is where i had to enter. food was ok. wasn't really united enough....

and last but not least....



FLAMINGOS!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT MOUNTAIN SHOTS NICE TO SEE THE SNOW HOPE Y'ALL ARE WELL BRUCE

Randy and Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you get to go home now!!! I'm confused by the snow AND flamingos! :) Missin you guys!!

Anonymous said...

your hair looks weird.

i don't know if i can come visit you this year.

i guess this would be the only year i can visit you there.

i don't know if you've heard or not but we're in a recession here in the states. i'm actually paying five bucks for a gallon of milk.

but gas? 2.35$ go figure.

suggestions?

j "needs a sugardaddy" h

Meredith Hannon said...

Okay, you all still look too cute after all this time across the pond. Why hasn't Eurotrash rubbed off on you all yet? I want to see you with a mullet and some skinny jeans, and I want to see Lindsey with a cigarette, a ratty scarf, and some unwashed hair.