Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Visit from Linda and Chris!

Best Friends forever! 11 years and counting!

Linda and Chris came at the end of September and we had a blast! Unfortunately for Chris, Ryan left at the beginning of October so he had to put up with Linda and my antics for most of their trip. We have a long history of silliness and weirdness that only we share and no one else understands...and that's the way we like it! Chris was a "good egg" as my mom would say and patiently put up with us. 

We took a tour of the State Oper, so we got the behind the scenes look. There is a new performance every day, so they have to take down and set up a new stage every day! Pretty impressive when you see what is involved in setting up for a performance. We are standing in a break room where many famous people have stood, like King Francis, and Sigmund Freud. The tour was really great and I have a greater appreciation for the Opera now!


We went to Klosterneuberg and Linda and I just acted like goofs the whole time. First, I didn't take the bus to get there, which is the way I know, so we got a bit lost and it took forever to get there. We finally made it though. While Chris was looking around, we played with the camera and have a bunch of pictures of us looking ridiculous. We amused an older couple with our picture taking, so I'm glad we provided some entertainment! 
The cute Dolan couple


Here is Linda in front of the Rathaus~ I think they liked it just as much as Ryan and me!

Linda and Chris in front of the fountain at Schoenbrunn
The arena inside the Spanish Riding School. I haven't been there yet, but Linda said it was really great. They train and show Lipizzaner horses, which do all kinds of amazing "tricks." They include complicated step routines, bowing and so forth. The stable is actually right in the middle of the city and is part of the Imperial Palace.
One heck of a day~My 24th Birthday!
We spent the day in Durnstein (see the blog about my mom and Jared's visit to learn why it is such a cool place) and Melk. In melk is the largest abbey in Austria. It sits on top of a hill and is incredibly beautiful. 

Then we had dinner at Tacos Lopez, which is a Mexican restaurant in Vienna...and possibly the only one here! The food was great and they brought out a roman candle!! It was a-mazing!


The boys thought they were being funny by giving us a thumbs up behind our heads, so we have a bunch of pictures with random thumbs...like this one

This thing behind me is currently the tallest Lego tower in the Guinness Book of World Records, which was built in front of the Rathaus! Here is the link that gives you the stats and has pictures of the tower during the day when you can actually see it.

http://gizmodo.com/5059662/460000+brick-lego-tower-breaks-world-record 


 A big thanks to Linda and Chris for making the trip out here! We had so much fun with you guys!!! Also, Linda I don't have the pictures we took at the Prater, will you send them to me so I can post them? 

No comments: