Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Christmas Time in Wien!

Right now you will find tons of Christmas markets full of people agressively fighting their way to stop and look at each stall, lots of desserts, and lots of hot drinks. For example, Gluhwein is a heated wine with spices. They have something here called Punsch, and like most European food/drinks, it has alcohol...which makes it well...gross. I think I'll stick to the kid punsch. The streets are decorated with chandeliers, ornate lights and advent calendars. It really is a fantastic place to be at Christmas time. We visited some markets Sunday, so here are a couple of photos of our visit to Schönbrunn and the Rathaus. In the next blog we'll tell you a little about Austrian traditions!



In front of Schönbrunn



Rathaus Market at 5pm...it's super dark at 5!
Rathaus Market and decorated Strassenbahn


2 comments:

Randy and Lindsay said...

Jerk, that's all i have to say about the game. Go Wahoos. Thats my hat you're wearing.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures ;) I'm here by chance, but I just want to say that I was yesterday on Weihnacht Martk in Vien and it is a littel more beautiful than on photos :)