Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nannie Update

My Nannie is getting better every day. There was a possiblity that she would need another major surgery that included removing her duodenum (the connecting tube that leads from the stomach to the intestines). She is still leaking bile from her duodenum, which means the patch did not work. The leaking has lessened, but it still present. Please pray that she will heal, because I'm not confident she would make it through such a major surgery after her response to this last one. If the leaking continues to dwindle down, then she will not need another surgery.

We're thinking she'll move into a private room and out of ICU Monday, but we still don't know.

She is in high spirits most days and as feisty as ever. My Nannie is one of the funniest people I know and she doesn't even know it!

Favorite hospital moments with Nannie:
Nurse: banging around outside Nannies room
Nannie: "My Medicare pays for me to be here, and it pays for you to be quiet!"
----
Nurse: "I'm from the old school, and that means I'm going to make you cough no matter what it takes!" (nurse beats on Nannies back)
Nannie: rolls over mad as 10 hornets-"Well, I wish you'd go to the new school!"

No comments: