Friday, October 24, 2008

Italy...The best vacation ever!

Italy was in fact the best vacation ever! We walked at least 20 miles a day...Ryan is really big on the whole walking thing...me not so much. Though for Rome, I was willing to comply. Rome was more incredible than I could imagine. I still cannot believe those ruins are in such great shape. I was constantly speechless, because just around any corner leading to a piazza, there were different ruins to discover. I hate history, but once you see it in person, it's hard not to like it! Rome was big, dirty, loud and very old! I hope to one day return...unfortunately I threw my coin into the Trevi the wrong way... Oops...that means my return trip to Rome is not guaranteed! 

My one wish for Italy was to see an Italian do that o' so famous hand gesture they do when angry...and I saw it! Even the double hand gesture..that was an exciting day! We took almost 1,000 photos in Italy, so I tried to only pick a few-but there are still a bunch of photos. Look at the posts below to see the pics! 

Aww...look at the cute little car!

Julius Caesar was assassinated here!












Piazza Navona-we bought our paintings here











Famous statue of King David 
















Caesar Augustus lived here!











Spanish Steps











Mouth of Truth
















Lovely view at the end of our walk from Hell! Needless to say this was a moment of travel tension between me and Ryan

No comments: